You are going to write a dialogue based on the following images. Remember to include the elements worked on in class :
What is a dialogue ?
- Dialogue is a conversation between two or more people.
- Dialogue is essential to fiction writing.
- Dialogue brings characters to life and adds interest.
- Dialogue must do more than just duplicate real speech.
- Writing dialogue consists of the most exciting, most interesting, most emotional, and most dramatic words.
- Use certain expressions and vocabulary when you are writing a dialogue.
- Introduction verbs to avoid “he said” and “she said”
- Use adverbs to explain HOW things are said.
- Include some narration to give context and to make your dialogue more vibrant.
- Try to bring it to some sort of a conclusion at the end.
Here are some photos to stimulate ideas for dialogues.